9332 Front St.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
British Columbia Tourism Region : Kootenay Rockies
- Named Moyelle when founded in 1898 during the building of the CPR'S Crowsnest Pass line.
- The railway had been unable to obtain all the land it wanted at Moyie, two miles away, and so established this rival settlement.
- The village was subsequently renamed after W.H. Aldridge, general manager of the Consolidated Mining and Smelting Company.
- When the railway finally came to terms with the main landowner in Moyie, it moved its station and offices here.
- …from G.P.V. Akrigg and Helen B. Akrigg British Columbia Place Names 3rd Edition 1997
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/AldridgeBC