5200 SKATEEN AVE
British Columbia Tourism Region : Northern BC
- After Alice, wife of the Reverend Robert Tomlinson. Immediately after their wedding day in Victoria in 1868, Alice and her new husband journeyed
- for twenty-four days in a large Haida canoe manned by eight Indians (and an Indian woman to serve the bride) before arriving at their mission station at Kincolith.
- Dak River from the Nisgha Indian word meaning 'lake.'
- Kitsault River - From a Nisgha Indian word meaning 'space behind.' This probably refers to the location of Kitsault Indian village at the head of Alice Arm in relation to Nass Valley and Observatory Inlet.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/AliceArm