7103 W Saanich Rd
British Columbia Tourism Region : Vancouver Island
- John Sluggett settled here in 1876, and the post office, which opened in 1920, was Sluggett until 1925, when it was renamed Brentwood Bay.
- The new name was taken from Brentwood in Essex, England, the home of R.M. Horne-Payne, president of the British Columbia Electric Company. The company operated an interurban railway linking the area with Victoria and had a powerhouse here.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/BrentwoodBay