3 - 4125 Columbia Valley Rd
British Columbia Tourism Region : Vancouver, Coast, & Mountains
- Chinook jargon for anything bad, worthless, or foul. The anglicized form of the Halkomelem word for the lake is Sweltzer, now the name of the river draining the lake. The latter word means unclear liquid that warns secretly.'
- The Indians believed that dreaded supernatural creatures lived in Cultus Lake, often manifesting themselves as dirty swirlings in the water.
- Lindell Beach - When a post office was opened here in 1953, it was named after A.F. Lindell, who settled beside Cultus Lake before World war 1.
- Liumchen Creek - From the Halkomelem word meaning 'water gushing out' (from the outlet of an underground stream).
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/CultusLake