5880 DORR RD
British Columbia Tourism Region : Kootenay Rockies
- Grasmere - Earlier named McGuire after Howard McGuire, who arrived in the district in 1898.
- In 1922, when a new school was built, every pupil submitted a new name for the settlement. A draw was held, and the entry picked was that of young Warren Lancaster, who had proposed Grasmere.
- Mount Haig - After Captain R. W. Haig, RA, astronomer with the British Boundary Commission, which, with its American counterpart, established the international boundary from the Rockies to the Pacific from 1858 to 1862.
- Kishinena Creek - This Indian name appears to have some connection with balsam fir, a coniferous tree.
- Linklater Creek - After John (Scotty) Linklater, manager in the 1850s of the HBC'S Fort Kootenay, located close to this stream.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/Grasmere