130 Owekeno St
British Columbia Tourism Region : Northern BC
- Dala River from either from the Haisla Indian word meaning 'in hand,' or from one meaning 'long way ahead.'
- Gardner Canal - Named by Captain Vancouver after his friend and former commander, Captain Alan Gardner (later Admiral Lord Gardner, Commander-in-Chief, Channel Fleet).
- Gardner had strongly recommended Vancouver for the command of his famous expedition. In 1860 Captain Richards, RN, named MOUNT GARDNER on Bowen Island after this admiral.
- Kildala Arm - From the Haisla Indian word meaning 'long way ahead.'
- Kitelse Lake - From the Tsimshian Indian word meaning 'people of the mussels.'
- Maitland Island - After H. Maitland Kersey, managing director of the Canadian Development Company, who, with Louis Coste (see Coste Island), examined Kitimat harbour in 1898.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/KitamaatVillage