British Columbia Tourism Region : Thompson Okanagan
- Dunn Lake - Also DUNN PEAK. After James Dunn, who mined gold in the area around 1888.
- Lac des Roches - 'Lake of the Rocks,' on account of the many rocky islets in it. On the original HBC brigade trail (via Little Fort) from Alexandria to Kamloops, this lake has preserved the name given to it by the French-Canadian voyageurs.
- Little Fort - A.R.C. Selwyn, reporting on his geological surveys of 1871-2, notes: 'we camped on a fine flat above The Little Fort, an old and now deserted Hudson Bay Company's trading post.'
- This little outpost of Fort Kamloops was established by Paul Fraser in 1850 and abandoned in 1852. Before 1935 Little Fort post office was named Mount Olie.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/14023.html