425 Birch Ave
British Columbia Tourism Region : Thompson Okanagan
- Deception Creek: When E.W. Jarvis reached Mahood Lake in the autumn of 1873, with directions to explore the Clearwater River, he mistook this creek for the river and travelled some nineteen kilometres before discovering his error.
- Although some coarse gold was taken from this stream, miners never found the large deposits that they had expected to find upstream.
- Goodwin, Sylvia Falls - Named after Walter Goodwin of Spokane, Washington, a dental technician. He was a friend of A.W. ('Wells') Gray, Minister of Lands,
- who in 1941 put him on a list of his personal friends whose names he wanted attached to features in Wells Gray Park.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/MahoodFalls