#1 Shearwater Road
British Columbia Tourism Region : Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
- After Caro Audres and Marion Black, two of four young people who climbed to its summit in 1911.
- Cunnigham Island after Thomas Cunningham, an Ulsterman who came to Victoria in 1859. When a member of Vancouver Island's House of Assembly, he voted for union with the mainland colony of British Columbia.
- Dean Channel - Named by Captain Vancouver after the Very Reverend James King, Dean of Raphoe in Ireland. Vancouver had served under Dean King's son James on Captain Cook's final voyage.
- Fisher Channel - Named by Captain Vancouver after his 'much respected friend,' the Reverend John Fisher, DO, vicar of Stowey.
- Gunboat Passage - Named in 1867 after the two little gunboats, HMS Forward and HMS Grappler, that gave sterling service on this coast for years.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/OceanFalls