178 LUCANIA ST
British Columbia Tourism Region : Northern BC
- Mount Duff - After Sir Lyman Duff, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada 1933-44. He appeared as a counsel before the Alaskan Boundary Tribunal in 1903.
- Fairweather Mountain - Named Mount Fair Weather in 1778 by Captain Cook, who was enjoying good weather when he discovered it. Its peak is the highest point in British Columbia (15,300 feet, or 4,663 metres).
- Mount Harris - After Dennis R. Harris, (1851-1932). A son-in-law of Sir James Douglas, and one of British Columbia's bes tknown surveyors, he was City Engineer of Victoria in the 1880s,
- located the Malahat highway, and was engaged in the Alaska boundary survey of 1904.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/MountDuff