2593 BROADWATER RD
British Columbia Tourism Region : Kootenay Rockies
- In 1889, when G.M. Dawson published his geological survey of the area, he noted:
- 'The most attractive and park-like portion of this country is commonly named the 'Deer Park,' and is frequented by great numbers of deer, when in winter their higher pastures in the mountains become covered with snow.'
- Mount Freya - After the Norse goddess of fertility and sexual love. Other peaks in the range take their names from Scandinavian mythology.
- Hugh Keenleyside Dam - When the Arrow Lakes were flooded in the 1960s as part of the Columbia River project, this darn was named for one of the two co-chairmen of the BC Hydro and Power Authority.
- Earlier he had a distinguished career as a diplomat and as a federal civil servant.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/DeerPark