6704 Tingley St
British Columbia Tourism Region : Thompson Okanagan
- Cherry Creek - Originally Cherry Bluff Creek, the stream took its name from the chokecherries found in abundance locally. In 1860 two retired HBC men founded the first ranch here.
- Criss Creek, a corrupted form of Chris Creek, after Christopher Pumpmaker, who ranched here from 1869 until his death in 1876.
- Deadman River - After Pierre Chivrette, or Charette, killed here in 1817 in a quarrel over the choice of a campsite.
- Duffy Creek - Patrick Duffy from California, after participating in the Cariboo gold rush and running a bar in Lillooet, settled here in the 1870s.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/SavonaBC