4828 Trans-Canada Hwy
British Columbia Tourism Region : Thompson Okanagan
- Herald Provincial Park - Dr. Dundas Herald acquired this fine lakefront property in 1906. In 1975 the provincial government purchased the land from Miss Jessie Herald but retained the family name for the park that it then established.
- Kault Hill - This could be from a Shuswap Indian word meaning 'east' that the Indians used to refer to Shuswap people in the dialect area extending from Monte Creek to Salmon Arm.
- Another similar word, Kwä'ut, was given by Teit as the narne of the principal village, located near here, of the Shuswap Lake band.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/Tappen