British Columbia Tourism Region : Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
- This is the 'platform' from which Mount Waddington rises. An example of the romantic names that Don Munday sprinkled around the area, to the amusement of his fellow alpinists.
- Others are Dauntless Mtn., Vigilant Mtn., and Combatant Mtn.
- Klattasine Creek - In 1864 occurred the 'Chilcotin Massacre,' when fourteen men, building Waddington's road north from Bute Inlet, were murdered by Chilcotin Indians.
- After a bungled search for the guilty Indians, a search that lasted months and covered a very large area, the hunted men surrendered.
- Five of them, including Chief Klatsassin (or Klattasine), were tried and hanged. After the trial, Judge Begbie wrote, 'Klatsassin is the finest savage I have met with yet, I think.'
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/DaisGlacier