1027 Aldous Street
British Columbia Tourism Region : Northern BC
- Hudson Bay Mountain - This impressive mountain takes its name from the ranch that the HBC maintained nearby, on Driftwood Creek, from 1899 to 1901.
- Lake Kathlyn - This beautiful lake was formerly called Chicken's Lake after an old Indian, nicknamed Chicken because he always called the grouse that he hunted and sold to the first settlers 'chickens.'
- When the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway was built, its photographers took pictures of this beauty spot for use in advertising pamphlets.
- Obviously the name Chicken's Lake was far too inelegant, so it was renamed after Kathlyn, daughter of W.P. Hinton, vice-president and general manager of the railway.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/Smithers