210 Carrier Crescent
British Columbia Tourism Region : Northern BC
- Copley Lake named after George V. Copley, faithful aide to Frank Swannell, prince of surveyors, when their party was working in the area.
- Endako River - Derived from a Carrier Indian name meaning 'ancient monster river.'
- Fraser Lake - After Simon Fraser, who spent the winter of 1806-7 here. The Indian name for Fraser Lake was Nat-leh, which means 'they return,' referring to the salmon.
- Kenny Dam - When the Aluminum Company of Canada built this dam in 1952 to create a head of water for its Kemano power project, it named it after Edward T. Kenney (1888-1974), the Minister of Lands.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/FraserLake