903 A Oceanview Drive
British Columbia Tourism Region : Northern BC
- Englefield Bay - Named by Captain Vancouver in 1793 after his 'much esteemed friend' Sir Henry Charles Englefield, FRS, FSA (1752-1822).
- Exact Point - After the American vessel Exact, here in 1851.
- Graham Island - After Sir James Robert Graham (1792-1861). A principal member of the reform party led by Lord Grey, Graham held various cabinet posts, among them that of First Lord of the Admiralty from 1852 to 1855.
- He was a polished speaker and an able administrator.
- Cape Henry - Named by Vancouver, together with adjacent Englefield Bay, in honour of his friend Sir Henry Englefield, the antiquary and scientist.
- Hibben Island - After the Victoria stationer Thomas Napier Hibben (1828-90), first agent for admiralty charts in British Columbia.
- Inskip Channelc- After George Hastings Inskip, RN (1823-1915), master of HMS Virago during her cruises in these waters in 1853.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/QueenCharlotte