1061 Marine Drive
British Columbia Tourism Region : Vancouver Island
- After Alice Whalen, mother of the brothers who founded the Whalen Pulp and Paper Company, which built the pulp mill here in 1917.
- Jeune Landing - After the Jeune brothers, Channel Islanders from Jersey, who manufactured canvas products at Victoria from the time of the gold rushes.
- This was a drop-off point to which the firm shipped tents, tarpaulins, etc. ordered by surveyors, loggers, and others.
- Kewquodie Creek - Possibly from the Kwakwala Indian word meaning 'shelter, calm place.'
- Neroutsos Inlet - Named about 1926 after Captain C.D. Neroutsos, assistant manager (later manager) of the CPR'S British Columbia Coast Steamship Service.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/PortAlice