1809 Beaufort Avenue
British Columbia Tourism Region : Vancouver Island
- From a Kwakwala Indian word meaning 'place of plenty,' with reference to the abundant game and berries in the Comox Valley. Comox Harbour was once known as Port Augusta.
- Cape Lazo - A shortened form of Punta de Lazo de la Vega, the name given by Narvaez in 1791. In Spanish lazo means 'snare' and vega means 'an open plain,' but Narvaez was apparently using the name of somebody he wished to honour.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/Comox