8645 Stave Lake Street
British Columbia Tourism Region : Vancouver, Coast, & Mountains
- Mission - Takes its name from St. Mary's Indian mission, founded here by Father Fouquet, OMI, in 1861.
- The school, convent, and church were built in 1885 when the original site became part of the CPR right of way.
- Mission, 'the junction point, narrowly escaped being renamed either New Seattle or Gladstone when in 1899 the CPR built its spur line to Sumas, Washington. Until 1973 its official name was Mission City.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/Mission