10 Settlers Pl
British Columbia Tourism Region : Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
Description From Owner:San Jose Creek
- Borland Creek named after Robert Borland, founder of the Borland Ranch, who pre-empted here in 1865.
- Enterprise - In 1916 the Enterprise Cattle Company was formed and, acquiring four ranches, merged them into the Enterprise Ranch, after which the PGE (now the BC Railway) named its station here.
- Murphy Lake - After Patrick Murphy, a homesteader whose family left the area after his death in the great flu epidemic at the end of World War 1.
- San Jose Creek - San Jose is the Spanish for 'St. Joseph,' and this stream takes its name from St. Joseph's Mission.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/OneHundredFiftyMileHouse