4976 Gonzales Rd
British Columbia Tourism Region : Vancouver, Coast, & Mountains
Description From Owner:
- Caren is a long-standing misprint or misinterpretation of 'Carew,' the range being named after Sir Benjamin Hallowell Carew.
- The Caren Range is noted for its ancient trees one yellow cedar is over 1,800 years old.
- Madeira Park - Named by Joseph Gonsalos, a native of the Madeira Islands, who settled here in the early 1900s.
- Pender Harbour - Also NORTH PENDER and SOUTH PENDER ISLANDS. After Staff Commander (later Captain) Daniel Pender, RN, engaged from 1857 to 1870 in surveys of the BC coast on the Plumper, Hecate, and Beaver.
- He carried on this laborious work with remarkable zeal and thoroughness.
- With permission from G.P.V and Helen B. Akrigg 1997 British Columbia Place Names. UBC Press.
Address of this page: http://bc.ruralroutes.com/MadeiraPark